As for fiction, I don't really have a favorite genre. I don't read westerns or romances much, if at all, so I am considering those for my genres this semester to become more familiar. I enjoy reading Stephen King, Carlos Ruiz Zafón, the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley, and have started reading Agatha Christie's Poirot books. I started a book club through the library a few years ago where we meet at a local brewery and discuss the selected book for the month while enjoying a pint. We are still meeting, though we have separated from the library, and the selections come from recommendations by the members. Through that group I read a lot of books that I probably would not select on my own, but for the most part turn out to be books I quite enjoy.
Sunday, January 22, 2023
Reading Profile
I don't have time to read as much as I'd like to, but I do enjoy reading a wide range of genres and topics. I read more non-fiction that fiction these days, with topics ranging from what I want to learn more about in my life at this stage, such as child raising, bread baking, organizing, various world religions, and philosophy. At the moment I am reading Marcus Aurelius's Meditations, a book about rye breads, a bread book written by the founder of Tartine Bakery in California, and I'm listening to an audiobook version of Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers with my wife. With non-fiction I find that I can have several books "in-process" at one time since I'm not usually following a plot and the books I'm reading are different enough that it's easy to keep them separate in my head. I don't read all of them everyday, but it's nice to have a selection to choose from depending on the mood I am in when I am ready to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Book Club Experience
For my book club experience, I visited a local book club that I founded a number of years ago but had not been to in quite some time. This b...
-
Author: Lisa Kleypas Title: Devil in Winter Genre: Romance, historical romance Publication Date: 2006 Number of Pages: 368 ...
-
I don't have time to read as much as I'd like to, but I do enjoy reading a wide range of genres and topics. I read more non-fiction ...
-
For my book club experience, I visited a local book club that I founded a number of years ago but had not been to in quite some time. This b...
I run a similar book club at my library called Stout Stories and we meet at different breweries around the county. We have read some great books and some truly awful ones - the selection keeps us on our toes! Great profile!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I love the name of your book club! Our group is Books & Brews. Not the most original name, but it works.
Delete